We're excited to be on our journey to getting the store open! There's still a long way to go and we need your help, whether you are an Owner or not. When we get closer to opening the store, we will hire a General Manager who will staff the store. And we have consultants helping guide the design and build process for the store. But the rest of the work of getting more Owners, building our community and letting the world know about Chicago Market is all being done by our wonderful volunteers.
You can contribute by volunteering at events, doing small tasks online, joining one of our teams, leading a team or taking on a longer-term responsibility for helping cover social media, keeping the site clean or other activities. Our volunteer needs cover a mix of in-person or at-home projects, strategy work, and getting out to spread the word.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Onboarding New Owners
Time required: ~1-2 hours per week; doesn't requires completion at specific times but does require a 48-hour turnaround on certain action items.
What’s the job: Are you looking for a behind the scenes, administrative way to contribute to Chicago Market? This is the gig for you!
- Onboard new Chicago Market Owners by updating records in Basecamp and NationBuilder
- Email new Owners with their Owner Cards
- Basic computer skills; Basecamp and/or NationBuilder knowledge a plus, but not necessary. Easily trainable.
- Comfort level in emailing
Email/Phone Outreach – Database Cleanup for Bounced Emails
One-off Project or Ongoing Role: Ongoing Role and/or One-off Project
Time required: Initial Cleanup ~6 hours; Ongoing Role ~1-2 hours per week; neither requires completion at specific times(can self-set hours)
What’s the job: Resolve a list of email bouncebacks/database cleanups. We could use help for an initial cleanup (One-off Project) as well as someone to regularly monitor and resolve these issues (Ongoing)
- Contact by phone or email (where available) to update their email records
- Update database (housed in NationBuilder)
- Basic computer skills, Excel and/or NationBuilder a plus, but not necessary
- Comfort level in emailing/phoning
If you'd like to get involved but you're not sure where to start, let us know.
Sign up to help with Chicago Market Events
You can signup online to help out at events right now: