Chicago Market Newsletter — May 2022
Invest To Build An Inclusive Store
Last month we told you about our upcoming grant program that will make Ownership in the Co-op more accessible.
But for that open store to exist and be an asset to us all, we need to invest to make it happen.
Hear it from our own Board member, Leslie Jenkins in this super short video:
You, our Owners, have built a co-op based on the cooperative principle of Care for Community and our values and governance documents reflect that.
Invest today to Build A Better Market that is there for us all! Time is short. Our capital campaign ends the first few days of June, so reach out now.
Learn more at Build A Better Market.
Start now by emailing us.
Uptown Farmers Market Kicks Off
It's finally warming up and that will mean better and better fresh produce at our Uptown Farmers Market!
Other highlights this Wednesday:
- The Uptown Chamber kicks off their Sidewalk Social pop-up beer garden this week! It's right in front of our store featuring local drinks, and you can carry your grab-and-go foods in from your favorite farmers market vendor to eat.
- Scott Madden returns playing blues, rock, and roots music. He was terrific last week, and rumor has it one of our Board members just may be sitting in a little with him...
Capital Campaign Updates
Our capital campaign is off and running! We have 20 people on our call team reaching out to Owners. Three of them were not even Owners when they started and are so convinced about our project they've now become Owners with you.
And, fun story - one of our callers left a voice mail for an Owner while he was making calls from our store. Knowing we were there, he stopped in moments later as he passed by on his way home from work.
We love connecting with Owners, so be sure to answer the call when you hear from one of our super nice volunteers.
In the News
Update: We're well on our way but still have work to do — blog post about our project's funding plan and status
- Board Meeting — May 10, 7:00 - 9:00pm on Zoom
- Uptown Farmers Market — every Wednesday, beginning May 4, 2:30 - 7:00pm
- Open House + World Fair Trade Day 2022 — May 14, 11:00am - 4:00pm
News from Our Business Owners
Build a Better Market
We own this business together. We operate it. And together, we fund it.
You can do it!
Our Build a Better Market capital campaign is running now and we're calling all Owners. Preferred Shares are available NOW if you reach out to us! Email to get started.
Showing 1 reaction.