Chicago Market Newsletter — November 2022
What's Happening in the Basement?
Loud noises and concrete cutting! We're in the middle of more basement construction work and want to share it with you!
Using our basement for storage space, restrooms, offices, and conference rooms means we need a drain tile system in place to keep things dry.
Team U.S. Waterproofing is in the middle of the work now and we have a full photo story up on the blog.
Holiday Pop-Up Market
Our Holiday Pop-Up Market returns at the annual Winter Walk on Wilson, featuring:
- 25+ local vendors and producers with a variety of unique gift ideas for sale
- Festive music, hot apple cider, roasted nuts, and more
- Get your photo taken with Uptown's very own Panda Claus!
- Art activities for all ages
Be sure to stop by the Chicago Market booth to learn about Give the Gift of Co-op, the perfect gift for that local-food loving, sustainability-minded, community-centric person on your list.
Friday, Dec. 2nd | 5pm–8pm | 4620 N. Broadway (Wilson & Broadway)
No RSVP is necessary, but if you do so below, we'll send you a friendly reminder:
Vaccination and Wellness Pop-Up
Apna Ghar, Swedish Hospital, and Compassionate Care Network are offering their Vaccination and Wellness Pop-Up at Chicago Market, Saturday, November 17 from 2-6:00pm. Services are FREE and open to documented and undocumented persons, including:
- COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters
- Flu shots
- Blood pressure and diabetes screenings
- Health-related information on mental health, sexually transmitted diseases, substance abuse and more
(click graphic to see full-size)
In the News
Food co-ops are a better alternative to corporate grocers — Letter to the Editor, Chicago Sun-Times, written by Dan Arnett, Chicago Market General Manager