Chicago Market is member-owned, but open to all shoppers. Owners receive a variety of benefits — both financial and in power over the direction of the Market. You'll be a key player in building the co-op community and changing the local food landscape. Most important right now is that your support will help us make the store a reality in the former Wilson 'L' station!
Choose an Ownership option below:
Please rotate to landscape view on mobile devices.
Help us grow faster.
Upgrade your existing
No out-of-pocket cost.
Why be an Owner?
Chicago Market exists to rebuild the connection between food producers and consumers. Because cooperative structure encourages serving Owners first, not shareholders, our decisions are your decisions; our goals are your goals; our bottom line is your bottom line.
Chicago Market will be different from other grocery stores in five important ways:
1. Focus on local foods. ‘Local foods’ is not a marketing tool for Chicago Market; it is our reason for being.
2. Sustainability. Our emphasis on sustainability means we'll work to reduce packaging where possible; we'll have an extensive bulk section and encourage fill-your-own containers; and we'll be sure to compost.
3. Ownership. Chicago Market exists to serve its Owners, members of the community.
4. Transparency, Information and Education. Chicago Market will be an open book: we will educate and provide information about our food -- where it came from, and how it was produced.
5. Building relationships and strong communities. At Chicago Market, farmers are not nameless links in the supply chain—they are integral community partners.