Vision: A better food community - local, sustainable, connected.
Location: Zoom call
Meeting ID: 898 4148 8294
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,89841488294#,,,,,,0#,,935947# US (Chicago)
Minutes: Lee Herman
- - Have Patience
- - Be Flexible
- - Set Clear Expectations
- - Remember the Big Picture
- - Say What We Mean, Mean What We Say (But Don't Say It Mean)
- - Understand Majority Rules, But Value Minority Opinions Too
- - Stay Passionate, But Practical
- - [Meeting Organizers] Have An Agenda
- - Be Transparent, Yet Respectful
- - Say If We Are Swamped
- - Monitor Our Follow-Through and Be Accountable
(As part of Board members' Duty of Care, preparing for Board meetings means reading and understanding the pre-reading listed below in advance of each meeting.)
- Team Reports
- Cost controls
- Accounts Payable Process:
Zoom notes to Board Members
- - Please turn your video on so you are visible and representing to Owners
- - Please also click the button upper right in your video box to edit your name; edit it to read: Your Name - Board member + your pronouns, so people know who you are in the meeting
OUTCOME: connected, inspired, ready for productive meeting
ACTION/INTENTION: clarify meeting protocols
- -- We've muted all participants upon entry to minimize background noises that will allow everyone to clearly hear the current speaker; We're asking that you please use the chat tool or raise your hand in order to ask a question.
- -- We do have an Owners Forum section planned in the meeting, so post your questions along the way and if we don't get to them in real time, we'll be sure to cover them in that section of the Agenda.
- -- Turning your video on is not required, but in this time of disconnection, we would love to see your faces and we encourage you to use the video tool if you are able.
- -- If you have a comment or suggestion that doesn't need discussion but you want to pass something along to us, the chat tool is great for that as well. Or, you are welcome to email the board at [email protected] with any additional thoughts or questions after this meeting.
TOPIC: Board officer process
OUTCOME: one or more candidates for each position
ACTION/INTENTION: discussion of who is best for each role
- reference: Board Officer Election Process
TOPIC: Quarterly review of refund policy
OUTCOME: decision on policy for the next quarter
TOPIC: Board fiduciary duty overview
OUTCOME: shared understanding
ACTION/INTENTION: explanation, questions
OUTCOME: clarity; Board is informed across teams
ACTION/INTENTION: confirm everyone has read them; questions? follow up?
TOPIC: General Manager Search and Hiring process
OUTCOME: Board understands direction GM team will take
ACTION/INTENTION: discuss GM interview process
TOPIC: Cost Control Policy and Accounts Payable Process
OUTCOME: Board awareness of policy and process, Approve Cost Control Process.
ACTION/INTENTION: Board members are aware of the Cost Control Policy and discussion of whether changes are needed. Orientation to the Accounts Payable Process.
The current Cost Control Policy was updated September 8, 2018 but was not formally approved by the Board so a vote is needed to approve it. In practice, we have been more strict about financial approvals than the policy states as we work to minimize spending.
TOPIC: Owner Forum
ACTION/INTENTION: Hear owner thoughts/concerns, answer questions.
EXECUTIVE SESSION - 45 minutes