Chicago Market Newsletter - January 2021
Your Co-op Is Growing
We're kicking off the new year with growth! We know there is no better thing to build in our community than a cooperative business that puts people first, brings us delicious local food, models and supports sustainability, brings great jobs to the neighborhood and breathes new life into an historic landmark.
You know it - you became an Owner.
Help your Co-op by sharing your enthusiasm with others. To fund our store, we need to grow to 3,500 Owners. So if each of us brings just one friend on board, we'll have met our Owner goal. We know we can do this!
Join our Social Mixer tonight - we'll give you a few tips and get you excited about your Co-op. Point your friends to all the Online Info Sessions listed on our website. And share some of our posts on your social media.
Together, we can GROW!
Shop Chicago Market!
- Grant Kessler, president
- Dana McKinney, vice-president
- Lee Herman, treasurer
- Matthew Ruffi, secretary
News from our Business Owners
The new year is upon on, but winter will be sticking around for a few months so from now until winter is over, we're collecting gently used winter coats to donate to The Bloc.
- Gently used winter coats in adult, teen, and kids sizes
- Collecting coats through the winter
- Email, call, text, or DM us once your donation is ready and we'll come pick it up!
In the News
Chicago Market Owners have every reason to be proud of their To Market, To Market team! Formed in 2020 to respond to our Owners' desire for stronger connections NOW to our local foods and farmers, the team made great progress last year and has big plans going forward.
We made a little video to celebrate their work and show the world what you and your Co-op are up to. Watch! And be sure to share it proudly on social media too.
Thanks to the volunteers on the team - Steve Ediger, Kate Grimm, Sofia Jouravel, Jonathon Rogoff, Matthew Ruffi and Michelle Schutz.
- Online Social Mixer for Chicago Market Owners - 7-8:30pm, January 12, RSVP to receive Zoom link
- Online Workshop: Growing Microgreens at Home with Kasey Eaves - 7-8:00pm, January 26
- Ownership Info Sessions - three in January; invite your friends
- January 13 Board Meeting - 7-9:00pm, RSVP to receive Zoom link
- January 27 Board Meeting - 7-9:00pm, RSVP to receive Zoom link
Marketing Volunteer(s) Needed
Volunteer Marketing (co-) Manager
We're seeking one or two experienced marketing pros to join our volunteer Marketing team and help develop and execute a long-term, comprehensive marketing plan. Help us build a strategic plan to reach audiences with compelling messaging and drive new Owner growth and fundraising for your Co-op. This is strategic planning work first, followed by oversight and project management to see the plans executed against Owner growth and fundraising targets.
The Marketing team is a top-level strategy team developing marketing plans and campaigns that support Owner growth, fundraising and general awareness of Chicago Market. It has execution support (social media, design, email marketing, events, etc.) from other teams.
We meet the first and third Wednesdays of the month from 7-8pm and work collaboratively online via Basecamp.
Is this you? Email Kate to learn more.
How Can You Support Your Co-op Now?
- Tell your friends why Chicago Market matters to you.
- Tell everyone on your social accounts about the value of Chicago Market and invite them to join you.
- Invite people to our online Ownership Info Sessions.
- Host a Zoom with your friends and invite us to talk with them. Email us to set it up.
- Give Ownership as a gift to someone you care about.
- Watch our Owner Facebook Group this week for even more refer-a-friend tips.