The Uptown neighborhood and hundreds of Chicago Market Owners showered Up & Under Fest-- the debut festival for the Wilson Underline -- with tons of warmth and good vibes on a beautiful and sunny September afternoon. 1000 Owners, Uptown residents, prospective Owners, co-op-curious folks and passers-by wound their way through Saturday's Fest. And it's fair to say a great time was had by all.
(See more of our new Owners here.)
First, let's do the numbers:
- 1000 attendees
- 32 new Owners for Chicago Market
- More than 50 Chicago Market volunteers
- 32 vendors
- 2 live bands
- Hundreds of people toured the future home of Chicago Market!
- One big, beautiful parking lot filled with community! We've brought the Wilson Underline to life.
Our 32 new Owners brought us that much closer to the 2000 total Owners required by year-end to receive funding for the store build-out. So a special thanks to all of you!
Chicago Market is also grateful to our co-hosts, Uptown United, helmed by Owner #1090 Martin Sorge and the Wilson Underline, for their contributions in making the event such a success. And because of all the dedicated vendors who pitched a tent to sell their wares, attendees got a small taste of what shopping and eating at Chicago Market is all about.
After the tents were torn down, a number of revelers and volunteers gathered at Nick's on Wilson to celebrate!
What's next, you ask? Here's a preview of some of our upcoming events:
- Taste of Uptown - Thursday, September 20, 6pm
- Chicago Market Board Meeting - Wednesday, September 26, 7pm
- Chicago Market Info Session - Uptown Branch Library, Saturday, September 29, 2pm
- Market Mixer - Fat Cat, Monday, October 1, 6pm
See you there!
Psst! Want to see a fun video tour of our future home?
Be the first to comment.