Chicago Market Newsletter - August 2020
Board Elections and Bylaw Amendments
We're excited that 11 Owners have stepped up to run for election to the Board of Directors. We asked them some questions to get to know them and you can read their responses to prep for your voting here.
Be sure to RSVP for our Meet the Candidates Zoom session too where you'll hear more from each and get to ask questions.
Three of our current Board members have terms ending and they are running for re-election: Lee Herman, Dana McKinney and Anthony Todd. Sofia Jouravel's term also ends this August but she is not running for re-election - huge thanks to her for all her dedication to Chicago Market and we look forward to her continuing to lean in as a volunteer. Grant Kessler and Bob Kunze both remain on the Board as their terms do not end this year.
In accordance with our Bylaws, the Board may from time to time propose amendments to the Bylaws for the Ownership to approve and we are putting forward three such amendments this year. You can read about them and our reasoning here.
Voting for both directors and Bylaw amendments is conducted online and Owners will receive emailed instructions just after our Annual Meeting August 30. Voting will remain open for one week.
Thanks so much for playing your part in Cooperative Principle 4 - co-op democracy!
We find ourselves answering Owner emails and realize all Owners should see our response, so here's our latest, responding to concerns about Chicago Market's scope being too ambitious and not in step with Covid-era realities: Owner Q&A.
In the News
- Online Workshop: Kickboxing 101 with Torriente Toliver - TODAY!, August 11, 6:00pm with Torriente Toliver of Mind Body Defense, RSVP to receive Zoom link
- August 12 Board Meeting - 7-9:00pm, our Capital Campaign team will be sharing early analysis of their funding assessment and calls to Owners; RSVP to receive Zoom link
- Meet the Candidates - August 25, 7-9pm
- August 26 Board Meeting - 7-9:00pm, RSVP to receive Zoom link
- Annual Owners Meeting - August 30, 3-5pm
- Annual Meeting Recap and Q&A - September 3, 7-8pm
How Can You Support Your Co-op Now?
While the Board continues to work with the CTA and our consultants on the operational side of things, Owners can help with the Funding and Organizational side by Leveling Up your Ownership to the Cultivating level; donating or pledging a loan; volunteering or considering a Board position; and by sharing your enthusiasm for your Co-op with your friends and on social media.