Chicago Market Newsletter - July 2018
Run for the Chicago Market Board
Annual Board elections are happening this summer! With Owner growth, funding and store design in process, our Co-op needs dedicated individuals to guide the organization. If you are interested in running for the Board, or exploring what being on the Board looks like, read here to learn more and connect with us. You can also view meeting minutes from a previous Board meeting on our Blog. Serving on the Board is a meaningful, fun and collaborative experience that will help build Chicago's largest co-op grocery store!
Building Our Co-op Will Take a Village
- We are Owner-run! Chicago Market is not beholden to corporate shareholders
- Each Owner will have a voice and a vote
- Owners can run for Chicago Market Board positions
- When you become an Owner, everyone in your household can enjoy the benefits of your Ownership
- Owner-only sales and specials, discounts on workshops and special events, and at the Board's discretion in profitable years, an annual patronage refund
- Help strengthen and uplift the diversity in our Uptown community as we work and partner with local nonprofits to provide employment and improve healthy, sustainable food options for all
- Gain access to the Owners Only portal on our Co-op website.
Stick it! (A Yard Sign, that is!)
Owner Loan Campaign
Here's the s(coop) from our blog
When the producers of “Incredibles 2” start casting about for a storyline and characters for “Incredibles 3,” they needn’t look any further than Chicago Market’s Site/Architecture team of super-amazing architects, designers and engineers. And that’s no tall tale. Read more.
- Still on the fence about joining? Attend our Ownership Info Session at 12pm on Saturday, July 14 at Uptown Donuts on Wilson Ave. Send a friend to RSVP here.
- Chicago Market My Buddy’s Mixer: 6-8pm on Thursday July 19 at My Buddy's (4416 N. Clark). Let's help build our community together. Bring your buddies (Owners and non-Owners) and hear from our buddies (business partners) on why they stand with Chicago Market. RSVP here
- Chicago Market 2018 Annual Owners Meeting: 2-4pm on Saturday, August 4 at the Truman College Auditorium. RSVP here.
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistants
- Social Media Ambassador - Facebook
- Social Media Ambassador - Twitter
- Social Media Ambassador - Instagram
- Social Media Ambassador - LinkedIn
- Social Media Manager
- Event Planning Leads
- House Party Lead
- Data Entry and Projects
- Event Helpers (including at tonight's Argyle Night Market Table!)